I'm taking the residents to Red Barn Steakhouse in Santa Ynez today for their lunch outting of the month. Ordinarily, I enjoy these little breaks from my office but today is the last day of the month which means I have tons of work that needs to get done and not enough time in the work day to do it. Calendars are due out and I'm filling in for another co-worker in skilled nursing so time is of the essence but I'll be eating lunch out of town when I should be cramming to get everything done on time. PLUS, I worked on Saturday so I'm supposed to be trimming my schedule to avoid the 7 hours of overtime that are currently on my schedule but that's not happening. Oh well, yay for time and a half.
Jason and I are going to Wicked in LA at the Pantages theater on Saturday to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary! I can't wait to see it, I've heard so many good things and we're also staying at the Westin Bonaventure and made reserveations to eat dinner at their revolving steakhouse on the 34th floor. Panaramic views and everything, so it should be an experience. Our anniversary isn't until the 5th but it's a Tuesday this year so we're celebrating on the weekend before. Then, we're meeting Callie (my big sis from my sorority) for lunch at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles in LA on Sunday. This concept of fried chicken with (or on top of?) waffles scares me a little bit...but I like chicken and I like waffles and she swears that it's good so we're going to trust her and give it a try. Do you put syrup on it? I can see how the sweet and savory would work together, but it just seems odd. Who came up with it anyway? I'll let you know how that goes.
Ok, well, I suppose I should go to work. I'm trying to cut a bit of time off my morning hours this week but since I have to leave for Santa Ynez at 10:30am, there is work to be done before that time rolls around. Have a good Thursday!
1 comment:
Chicken and Waffles?!! Really? Like, a chicken breast ontop of waffles? Or, chicken put in the waffle batter? This is weird. I'm feeling a bit violated. I think they took this "breakfast for dinner" thing a bit to far. You will have to tell me what you think of it. I'll either totally agree with you, or think you are crazy!
Post a Comment