So here I am, blogging. I never thought I'd cave in and yet... Cathy got me started, so I'll blame her. :) I suppose if you are interested in what we're up to, this is the perfect resource. I don't know if I'll have enough to say to keep this going but nothing ventured nothing gained, right?
How do you go about starting these things? I guess I'll just jump right in. We went to Hawaii for Steph's wedding and it was awesome! 6 days was definitely not long enough, but you take what you can get. We did a quite a bit in those 6 days, though: kayaking (which both Jason and I have decided is NOT for us), snorkeling, sun bathing, shopping, hiking (to a gorgeous waterfall), eating at a sushi place and a Moroccan restaurant, and of course, the wedding and all the preparation that came along with it. We stayed at a beach front property formerly owned by Steph's new husband's family so the beach was literally right out the front door. Which as you can imagine was totally amazing. We took somewhere around 400 photos, some of which I'll post below. Fun was had by all, but alas, all good things must come to an end and we're back home and back at work.
Which brings me to my next subject, which is that I got my promotion!! I'm the new Director of Activities and Social Services Designee at the retirement community I work for. My title is definitely a mouth full but I'm excited to get started. A bit apprehensive about the new responsiblities and job requirements on the social services side, but I'm a fast learner so all should be well. At any rate, I will finally be paid for what I've been doing in my boss' absence which is always a plus. I officially begin at the end of August. More to come on that.
Ok well, there it is, my very first blog post. Hope you enjoyed it and stay tuned.
2 comments:
yay...mul! i am excited about you becoming a blogger! and i have already subscribed to your feed so i can keep up to date with the nam family. :) p.s. congrats on the promotion and beautiful pics of hawaii...i want to go back!
YAY!!!! I KNEW you would start one! I'm so excited to read your postings as they come! YAAAAYYY!!!!
Post a Comment