Friday, September 5, 2008
Destination Target
This is something I feel very strongly about, which has only increased in intensity over time. WE NEED A TARGET IN SANTA BARBARA!! We almost got one a few years back, but they were debating over which county should get it's revenue, because the land it would have been built on is technically Goleta but they wanted to use the SB name...and before that, it was brought up but SB county officials were concerned it would bring too many people to our town. Um, hello!! Every surrounding town has a Target!! They wouldn't need to come here, we go there so our city is really losing revenue! We have a K-Mart. It's awful. I feel like I'm going to get some sort of debilitating disease every time I go in there because there's stuff strewn all over, it's ancient and smells weird and it's always full of snotty nosed kids running around all over the place. All in all, not even close to the type of experience one would expect from a Target. Not to mention that Target's selection is far superior, the prices are more affordable, they have brand name clothing, and the store is about 3x the size of our current K-mart option. I simply cannot believe that a town that has Saks Fifth Avenue, 2 Macy's, Lucky Brand, Tiffany and Co, Coach, etc, etc, and is rumored to soon have a Neuman Marcus does not have a Target. I think they've also used the excuse that SB doesn't like large chains...oh really, so what about Macy's, Nordstroms, K-Mart, Border's, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Staples?? We can have a Starbucks on every corner but apparently we simply cannot find room for one Target.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree, WE NEED A TARGET STORE HERE!
OH! I hated that it was a half day trip to go to Target! my mom has 3 targets within a 15 minute drive from her house. SB NEEDS A TARGET!!!
Post a Comment