Sunday, December 12, 2010

The lost week

I've been bad. My name should appear on Santa's "Naughty" list this year. I cannot seem to stay on task with blogging for the life of me! And it's not like I don't have the time.

Anyway, I started feeling sick Monday night and then launched in to full sick mode by Tuesday, which ultimately led to me going to urgent care Friday morning where I was given an antibiotic for tonsilitis. Apparently, it was "severe" and my tonsils (warning: gross TMI alert) were covered in pus so it was a good thing I came in. I honestly haven't been this sick from a cold in years. In fact, I think the last time was when I was a junior in college, as my Sigma big sis Callie pointed out. And guess where I was? That's right, Redlands. Me and Redlands don't really get along all that well. I really do think I'm allergic. I had chronic bronchitis my entire tenure at the U of R and here I am, 4 months back, and I've got tonsilitis. UGH. Anyway, today is day three on the amoxicillin and I'm beginning to feel better. But, unfortunately, last week was The Lost Week. I lost an entire week in December to my horrible sore throat and it's depressing and here we are, December 12th, and it's - brace yourselves - 81 degrees here today. Talk about criminal for winter. I swear this has been the longest summer I can remember. I'm over it already! Bring on the winter temps and leave all this summer nonsense behind!

Before The Lost Week, Jason and I went to Disneyland with my cousins (Keri, Ryan and the boys) and my Aunt Connie. I think it was there that I caught this ugly bug, but regardless, we had a lovely time. Jake seemed to thoroughly enjoy himself (he's 4 and this was his first time to Disneyland) and Brady did a great job handling the crowds and long day, too. We really enjoyed sharing that experience with them and spending the day at the Merriest Place on Earth with family.

We're leaving for Virginia next Sunday. You know how I feel about plane rides (and if you don't, here's the shortened version: I'm terrified and convinced I'm a goner as soon as I've boarded the plane), but we are excited to actually enjoy some winter weather and see Jason's brother, Edwin and his wife, Meg. My dad is staying at our place to pet/apt sit (so sweet of him) so we won't have to worry about things while we're away. It'll be fun to explore DC with Jason (we both went in the 8th grade but we didn't know each other yet) and have some time in the snow before returning to our summer holiday here in CA.

This next week cannot be another lost week. We have so much to do on top of our preparations for our trip, since when we get back it'll be Christmas Eve! If I don't get my act together and write another post before Christmas day, we wish you all a very Merry Christmas and happy holidays! Love and hugs!

2 comments:

denise said...

Sorry to hear about your allergies...Howard has a similar thing...every time we go up to S.B. to visit my parents, he is free from allergies and can breath so well. And when we come back home to L.A. his breathing worsens and has to use an inhaler once in while to clear his lungs. It's amazing how much of an impact pollution and different environments have on us. I hope you feel better!!. =)

MN said...

Thanks, Denise! I'm not so sure it's allergies as much as it's my bodies' reaction to the horrible air quality and low humidity here in Redlands. Yuck! Cute town but horrible air! Happy holidays to you and yours!